One Day Workshop in Soft Particle Blasting in Kopenhagen
The National Museum of Denmark in cooperation with Deffner & Johann organize a one day workshop which takes place in Lyngby 6th and 7th of June.
The participants will receive a theoretical introduction and get the opportunity to work hands-on with the technique on several objects, guided by Mrs Maren Dümmler M.A., paper conservator, with broad expertise on soft-particle cleaning.
The participants get a theoretical introduction and the opportunity to work with the technique on several objects. The participants can also bring their own objects. The course is held in English.
- Place: In the workshop of Nationalmuseum in Lyngby, final address is distributed later.
- Date: 6th and 7th of June.
- Participants: max 15 persons each day, 15 positions are still open
- Fee: 75 € + VAT./ participants. The Fee will be billed by Deffner & Johann
- Register: send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, please add Lyngby 2018 in the subject line. Register before 31 of May.
About Soft-particle blasting
The soft particle is a dry-cleaning method for delicate objects, developed at the school of conservation in Cologne. With the soft-particle blasting most kind of materials can be cleaned more thoroughly and gently than with common dry cleaning methods. With sponges, erasers and microfibers cloths you either dull the surface or you are at risk of polishing it. Besides, you rub parts of the dirt between fibers and small pore which means the object has not been cleaned entirely. Especially for filigree, fragile and brittle objects and materials the soft particle blasting is very suitable and has been established.
Soft Particle Cleaning Workshop
- 09:00 - 10:00 lecture room: Theoretical introduction into the topic „soft particle cleaning“
- 10:00 - 10:30 studio: Introduction to equipment and setup of the airblaster, cabinet and fine dust suctions unit
- coffee break
- 10:45 - 11:30 studio: Demonstration of soft particle cleaning on objects, with selected cleaning materials, alternative nozzles.
- 11:30 - 12:00 feedback
- 12:45 - 15:00 studio (Museums objects): Guided work and hands-on experience in soft particle cleaning/comparison with common dry cleaning methods.
- coffee break
- 15:15 - 16:00 studio: Hands-on-work with museums objects
- 16:00 - 16:15 Outlook and wrap up